R9 Rev Up is the kickoff event for R9 Accelerator 3+
It is a FREE weekend event for people interested in participating in R9 Accelerator 3+.
At R9 Rev Up you have the chance to meet potential team mates, deep dive into the Opportunities, and get a taste of what the R9 Accelerator 3+ will be like.
Attending R9 Rev Up is an important step if you’re thinking of applying for R9 Accelerator 3+.
Is it for me?
Do you want to make a difference to how New Zealanders interact with government?
- Are you a public servant who wants to work in a fast, customer-centric way – awesome! Come to R9 Rev Up!
- Are you a budding entrepreneur who wants to start your own business – amazing! Come to R9 Rev Up!
- Are you a designer/developer looking for work experience – fantastic! Come to R9 Rev Up!
- Are you already working on one of the opportunities – incredible! Come to R9 Rev Up!
- Are you a startup or corporate wanting to engage with government in a new way – brilliant! Come to R9 Rev Up!
We’re looking for people that are customer-centric, work well in teams, flourish under pressure, and want to make a difference (find out more here). If this is you, [insert your favourite word for awesome here] and come to R9 Rev Up.
The specifics of how R9 Rev Up will work will be announced soon, but what you need to know for now is:
- It’s free to attend, but you must register
- It starts after on the morning of Saturday 28 January 2017 and wraps up the evening of Sunday 29 January 2017
- It will be held in Wellington (at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s 15 Stout Street office)
- You will have to bring your own devices – there will be wifi
- There will be a mix of team forming and opportunity exploration activities
- It will be a crazy, full-on, fun weekend
If you want to apply for R9 Accelerator 3+ it’s not mandatory to come to R9 Rev Up, but it’s very highly recommended! Observations from the event may be used in the application assessment process.
There are limited tickets so get in quick!
What happens after R9 Rev Up?
When R9 Rev Up finishes and you’ve gotten your breath back, it’s time to decide whether you want to apply to take part in R9 Accelerator.
Ideally during the weekend you have found your people – you know exactly who you want to apply with and you have an awesome team name. If so, it’s just a matter of working together to submit an application by 7 February 2017.
If your R9 Rev Up team didn’t work out, but you’re still dead keen on applying you can:
- Apply as an individual and hope that an applying team has a gap and is looking for someone with your particular set of mad skills, or
- You can hustle to find a team in time to apply.
Whichever boat you’re in, the R9 Accelerator project team is here to help. We will be available to make your application as slick as possible or to help you find people to apply with.
The application process is competitive, a maximum of 10 teams will be selected to take part in R9 Accelerator 3+.